Start Date: July 24, 2023
Duration: 5 Weeks
Frequency: 2 Days a week
- Employ effective practice techniques in order to continually overcome musical challenges.
- Expand your playing technique to perform with greater speed and precision, with a focus on proper use of the body as a playing mechanism.
- Develop a strategy to better understand the music you are performing, through awareness of progression, harmony, and melodic structure across all styles.
- Read and interpret chord symbols more quickly.
- Understand pulse and groove while learning new rhythms over a wide range of styles.
- Understand playing techniques needed to mimic other instruments.
- Learn new chords (passing chords and notes).
- And so much more.
- Popular scales
- Sharps and Flats
- Third inversions
- Playing with bass,
- Left hand tenth interval
Circle of forth, substitution, passing notes, passing chords
Chord names, interpretation
Scales and fingering, Arpeggios, Triads, chords.
Choosing appropriate keyboard voices
Key Bass, Key Strings, Key Guitar, Key Brass
Tips on how to score songs by ear
Talk Music tips (TMT)
Music according to the bible
Contemporary Music Pianist, Music producer and Director
Makinde James is a multitalented music educator, contemporary music pianist, skilled music producer, and a director for live performances. He has a deep passion for music theory and a knack for teaching, Makinde's goal is to help students develop techniques for learning to play songs on the piano by ear, without neglecting the much-needed theoretical knowledge.
He has several years of experience as a performer and educator, as a contemporary music pianist, he is well-versed in various genres of music which includes, jazz, classical, rock, and pop. This has enabled him to adapt to any style or genre of music while teaching his students. Alongside his skills as a pianist, Makinde is also a talented music producer and has an in-depth understanding of music production techniques, software and equipment. He currently is the Music producer and director for live performances at The Music Executives, where he oversees the entire production and ensures a seamless event.